[Marxism] NYC meetings on Greece

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 27 16:22:15 MST 2013

[I'm nowhere near New York, but for those who are, I'll pass along this
meeting announcement I received - Jeff]

Dear Friend of the Campaign for Peace and Democracy,

      You are invited to attend two upcoming meetings in New York City on
the unfolding situation in Greece.

      This Saturday, March 2nd, SYRIZA-New York is holding a forum "Beyond
Scapegoats and Moralism: Greece and the Global Crisis in Politics and
Capitalism" at 4pm in Astoria, Queens, at 31-09 37th Street, between
Broadway and 31st Avenue. (Take the N/Q to Broadway or the R to Steinway.)
SYRIZA, the Coalition of the Radical Left, is the leading opposition party
in Greece and is currently by a small margin the number one party in the
polls.

       On Friday, March 22nd at 6pm the Campaign for Peace and Democracy
and SYRIZA-New York will co-sponsor a discussion on "Neoliberalism and
Working Class Resistance in Greece" with Lefteris Kretsos, Senior Lecturer
at the University of Greenwich in London. Kretsos's research is focused on
the rising trends and patterns of precarious employment in Greece and
Europe, especially among young workers. He is currently editing a book on
radical unionism in Europe. The Manhattan location of the meeting will be
announced soon.

      We will let you know if videotapes of these events become available.

 In peace and solidarity,
 Joanne                    Tom
 Joanne Landy and Thomas Harrison
 Co-Directors, CPD

 To learn more about the Campaign for Peace and Democracy,
 check out our website http://www.cpdweb.org