[Marxism] Aid to Syrian "Rebels"

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 28 07:20:48 MST 2013

On 2/28/13 9:15 AM, Ron Jacobs wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21612130

 From the article linked to above:

Mr Kerry said the US would provide direct support to rebel forces in the
form of medical and food supplies.

He also promised an additional $60m (£40m) in aid to the opposition to
help it deliver basic governance and other services in rebel-controlled
areas.

---

The thing I'll never understand is how folks like Ron can one hand make
it sound like the US is playing the same role it played in Afghanistan
during the Reagan administration and then send newspaper articles to the
list that contradict that claim. Medical and food supplies? Give me a
break. The US lavished MANPAD's on the Afghan rebels in the 1980s, not
penicillin and rice.

In fact the subject heading that Ron should have used is this:

"Aid" to Syrian Rebels