[Marxism] More on why workers no longer strike, and why owners of capital act with virtual impunity

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:19:13 MST 2013

I completely agree on Marx's appreciation of finance and for that very
reason have been reading Volume III for some time.
I should have been more specific: I don't buy the permanent stagnation
thesis (I prefer Mandel's long wave schema). And while I agree totally
that capital attempts to use the financial sector for profits they
can't invest elsewhere, and I agree with the MR crowd that it's only a
short-term fix which leads inevitably to bubbles, that's different
from saying, as I think they do, that finance has superceded the
manufacturing sector as the system's driving force.
But I was due to go back and re-read their stuff anyway, so thanks.