[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 7 06:01:45 MST 2013

On 1/7/13 12:19 AM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> I completely agree on Marx's appreciation of finance and for that very
> reason have been reading Volume III for some time.
> I should have been more specific: I don't buy the permanent stagnation
> thesis (I prefer Mandel's long wave schema). And while I agree totally
> that capital attempts to use the financial sector for profits they
> can't invest elsewhere, and I agree with the MR crowd that it's only a
> short-term fix which leads inevitably to bubbles, that's different
> from saying, as I think they do, that finance has superceded the
> manufacturing sector as the system's driving force.
> But I was due to go back and re-read their stuff anyway, so thanks.

Generally I send a private note on this issue but want to take it public
since it has been cropping up more lately.

Comrades should skip a line between paragraphs. It makes your posts
easier to read.

Nobody will be unsubbed for not skipping a line but we really want to
make our communications as productive as possible. Here is what my post
would look like if I did not skip a line.

--->