[Marxism] Richard Seymour on the SWP crisis

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 11 15:20:34 MST 2013

On 1/11/13 5:09 PM, David P Á wrote:
> When one of the most developed class formations in the world proves as
> faulty as that, what hope is there? I am really disappointed and
> disheartened by all this. It seems that even class conscious comrades
> will end up repeating the same antagonisms and forms of oppression
> inside class organs.

David, we are undergoing a sea change politically and organizationally.
The crisis of the SWP is endemic to the "Marxist-Leninist" left even
though it takes different forms in different circumstances.

I think that the way forward is broad left formations like Syriza that
arise out of the crucible of struggle. For generations, going back to
the 1920s the Comintern and its subsequent avatars like the FI regarded
such formations as "centrist". My position is that Syriza has a lot more
in common with the revolutionary social democracy of the pre-Comintern
period:

http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/debating-syriza/