[Marxism] "Pointed charge"?

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 12:37:36 MST 2013

For my part, I wasn't intending any criticism of the ISO--which,
however large it was elsewhere, simply wasn't big enough to have any
kind of impact here.  That said, I am shaking my head with confusion
to understand what "an obsession with an electoralist perspective
which is completely out of touch with the state of the left in the US"
means.

I'm not sure where you live, but there was no immediate perspective to
be had beyond the electoral while the elections were going on.  What
we did have going, in terms of Occupy was in decline, largely because
the liberals wanted it mothballed.

Electoral questions need to be discussed on the left.  They should be
before the elections rather than after . . . with an aim of presenting
the broadest front with the biggest impact we can have.  But, if not
before, they certainly merit something of a discussion afterwards.

Such a balance sheet has merit only so far as we understand and share
the conclusions.  For this reason, I think those in viable
organizations have to take a role in the process.

ML