[Marxism] Re Tarantino Flunks American History

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 13 15:27:10 MST 2013

On 1/13/13 5:13 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> Sounds like you're *ranking* the originators of texts, Louis.
> This is a rather Philistine habit -- the sort of thing that gives
> rise to top-ten lists.

Sometimes I wonder what you get out of Marxmail (or other email
discussion lists you are subbed to.) Without exception, you only find
some bone of contention around which to exercise a form of
one-upsmanship that allows you to feel superior to some "Philistine" you
are crossing swords with, or more frequently someone who voted for
Obama. (Obviously not an issue here.)

I would have some respect for you if once a year or so you felt inspired
to write something that would educate subscribers about, for example,
where Jared Diamond goes wrong.

That, of course, would require you to actually read a fucking book,
compose your thoughts, and write a compelling post. I wonder if there
was ever a time in your life when that was possible. What happened to
you? What turned you into such a shallow, snarky prick?