[Marxism] Is Growth Over?

Charlie charles1848 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 18 12:23:19 MST 2013

1. Exposing and the environmental damage wrought by capitalism and
fighting to stop it - agreed.

2. Targeting everyone with demands to live on obscure semi-digestible
grains, travel by bicycle, and grow your own vegetables with drip water
- this is the implication too often drawn from statements about finite
resources.

3. We can develop replacements to meet our needs. We can't get this done
under capitalism, but we can get it done. That is the difference between
point 1. and point 2.

The example of water: Yes, crashing aquifers is disastrous. Stop
agribusiness and other capitalists from doing it. If we need more water,
we can make desalination economical.