[Marxism] Glen Ford on Obama

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:37:58 MST 2013

>From "The Coming Imperial Implosion in the Arab World":  "This scheme for wholesale game-changer in the region necessitated an even deeper alliance with the royal regimes of the Persian Gulf. In practice, it was the West that became dependent on the Saudis and Qataris to provide Arab cover for NATO’s military and, much more importantly, to provide the Islamist fighters who would actually seize power on the ground in Libya and then Syria and beyond. Moreover, the Saudis and Qataris are rich, and can afford to pursue their own political objectives"

http://blackagendareport.com/content/coming-imperial-implosion-arab-world
Ford seems a little wrong-headed on the Arab Spring. I was dismayed to see his formulations in "un-reality show" and found the above. It is unfortunate that such an otherwise strong fighter against austerity, war, and Obama's stewardship of the bourgeois "ship" can accept such simplistic bourgeois media hype about "Islamist fighters" overcoming the Arab Spring backed by corrupt Arab despots and their U.S. backers.
Glen, if you read this list, I think you should delve as deeply into the Arab revolution as much as you so well discern the hypocrisy and corruption of the U.S. president.