[Marxism] Email I just received as a Goldman-Sachs alumni

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jan 25 07:36:22 MST 2013

January 24, 2013

Arianna Huffington and Lloyd Blankfein Discuss Our Common Goal:
Empowering Entrepreneurs and Creating Jobs

Lloyd Blankfein and Arianna Huffington, editor-in-chief of The
Huffington Post, today co-authored an opinion piece to coincide with the
43rd annual meeting of the World Economic Forum being held in Davos. Our
Common Goal: Empowering Entrepreneurs and Creating Jobs examines how
entrepreneurship is driving growth around the world and the role of
women entrepreneurs, in particular.

This week, politicians, writers, activists, and non-profit leaders are
gathered in Davos, Switzerland for the 43rd annual meeting of the World
Economic Forum. While the issues to be addressed range from health care
to regulation to the environment, the two of us share a common interest
in one particular topic -- economic growth and job creation. While many
European countries are struggling with double-digit unemployment, and
America's recovery continues to limp along at best, many of us gathered
in Davos will draw important lessons, not just from one another --
amidst the well-intentioned talk and catchy phrases -- but from the
individuals around the world who are building growth and creating
opportunity every day, often overcoming extraordinary obstacles.

Visit GoldmanSachs.com to read the op-ed in full...