[Marxism] Help fund a worthy project

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jan 31 07:33:36 MST 2013

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1664904271/bohemians-a-graphic-history-of-american-bohemia

This vivid, graphic book encompasses the full sweep of American Bohemia
from the 1840s to about 1950.

     Launched: Jan 28, 2013
     Funding ends: Feb 27, 2013
     Remind Me

We are raising funds to pay the artists who have already done the
artwork for a vivid, exciting, graphic history of American Bohemia. The
book will be published in the fall of 2013, but in this industry, the
artists are paid by the editors, not the publisher. Unfortunately,
expected funds from an angel have fallen short, and we need to pay the
artists for the work they've already completed. Here is the Table of
Contents of the book:

     CHAPTER ONE: BOHEMIANS AND UTOPIANS

     CHAPTER TWO: WALT WHITMAN

     CHAPTER THREE: VICTORIAN BOHEMIA

     CHAPTER FOUR: VILLAGE DAYS

     CHAPTER FIVE: ARTIST AND EXPERIMENT

     CHAPTER SIX: OUTWARD BOUND

     CHAPTER SEVEN: INTERNAL EXILE – AND RETURN

     CHAPTER EIGHT: BOHEMIANS AND HIPSTERS

     CHAPTER NINE: THE LOOK BACK

The book encompasses the entire history of American Bohemia, from its
beginnings in the 1840s up to the 1950s. There are a total of 33
sections of the book, done by 15 artists, each with a distinct style.
When published, it will serve as a virtual textbook of Bohemia.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter

There are virtually no risks to completing this project. "Bohemians" has
already been accepted by a major publisher, Verso Books, and almost all
the artwork for the book has already been produced. What we are asking
for is funds to pay the artists for the work they've already done.