[Marxism] Where are the Protests Against James F ranco’s “Feel-Good” Torture Porn?

Red Notes therednotestx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:23:19 MST 2013

It's definitely not fair to disregard Gail Dines' criticisms simply because
she advocates a methodology of dealing with porn. Her points are valid.
Often times, this kind of thing leak over from "fantasy" to "real," and I
am in agreement with her when she points out that Franco is treating this
in a light-hearted manner that it does not deserve.

I'm not much for banning or regulating this behavior. I think restructuring
the social relations that causes these "kinks" are necessary, and we'll
also just have to come to the realization that human sexuality is complex
and, for whatever reason, women and men may truly enjoy this behavior. It's
important not to judge that, for sure, but it's just as important to
address the social sicknesses that could compel someone to take up jobs
like these. I'm fairly confident that not all the actors and actresses at
Kink.com truly enjoy what they're doing.