[Marxism] Hardt and Negri plagiarize Graeber?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 1 08:07:57 MDT 2013

Once upon a time there was a mass of wage workers; today there is a
multitude of precarious workers. The former were exploited by capital,
but that exploitation was masked by the myth of a free and equal
exchange among owners of commodities. The latter continue to be
exploited, but the dominant image of their relationship to capital is
configured no longer as an equal relationship of exchange but rather as
a hierarchical relation of debtor to creditor. According to the
mercantile myth of capitalist production, the owner of capital meets the
owner of labor power in the marketplace, and they make a fair and free
exchange: I give you my work and you give me a wage. This was the Eden,
Karl Marx writes ironically, of “freedom, equality, property, and
Bentham.” There’s no need for us to remind you how false and mystifying
this supposed freedom and equality actually are.

full: http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/16075-declaration-an-excerpt