[Marxism] Marxmail's fifteenth anniversary

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu May 2 10:33:49 MDT 2013

On 5/2/13 12:18 PM, Andrew Pollack wrote:
> Hmmm... all of a sudden I have this image of Louis and Vivek wearing capes
> and standing 20 paces apart in the morning mist, and all of a sudden they
> break out in shouts:

I don't want to belabor the point, but the idea that I would punch an
NYU professor in the mouth for interrupting me during the Q&A of a HM
conference is ridiculous. Trust me, I really was seething with anger
when I wrote my open letter and only wrote about him "regretting" any
decision to interrupt me again because I literally could not get back to
sleep that night unless I wrote something that wiped the grin off his
smug, donnish face.

Here's the point. Punching somebody in the mouth is a class E felony in
NY carrying a sentence of 1.5 to 4 years. Does anybody in their right
mind think that I would risk going to prison for more than a year to get
"revenge" over trying to shut me up about merchant capital? You have to
be insane to think that. I wouldn't spend 12 hours in a jail cell to get
satisfaction from a "political Marxist". I get my revenge by writing
rude and sarcastic take-downs of his ideas on my blog, not by using my
fists.

Also, in terms of Adolfo dueling an ideological adversary. That has more
in common with Howard Stern than Lassalle. Adolfo, who I always liked as
a person even when he was driving me nuts with his politics, is into
operatic self-dramatization just like me. His bark is much worse than
his bite.