[Marxism] Not Even Marxist? Paul M. Heideman examines Chris Taylor's critique of Vivek Chibber

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:53:41 MDT 2013

I agree completely with Jeff.

I've wondered for two years now what the Occupiers read in college that
made them so obsessed with anarchism. Many of them support any and all
labor protests that come their way -- but when it came to developing their
own strategy, the best they could come up with was Strike Debt.

By the same token, there are ongoing efforts now in NY and elsewhere in
solidarity with workers in Bangladesh -- and India and China and Greece,
and in good  old NY itself.I want the youth coming into these campaigns to
help us analyze in a materialist way the source and implications of these
conflicts, and to help us develop strategy and tactics -- not to just show
up, express solidarity, and then go home and read some nonsensical theory
which dulls their analytical senses.

Andy