[Marxism] Open hardware is going to end corporatism and finally capitalism?

Andrea kradsmit at gmail.com
Sat May 4 17:22:26 MDT 2013

Hello Rod, thanks for your input.

Open Hardware is more than only freeing from patent.
is designing hardware (from brick compressors to cars) that can be
built out from standard components that you can find anywhere without
going to a specific brand.
Is designing hardware to last over time avoiding planned obsolescence.
Is about reducing the cost of machines to a fraction of the cost
- it exclude or reduce the costs of Research (the redundancy part of
it), Design, the marketing costs, the selling costs, the distribution
costs, the post sales costs, the dismissing costs (being standard
components can be recycled into some other open hardware machine).
It potentially reduce the consumerism and the GDP

It is also about distributing the means of production and the
production of technology itself.
no exploitation of the workers for the profit of the owners of the
means of production any longer.

any other thought?

thanks
Andrea