[Marxism] Open hardware is going to end corporatism and finally capitalism?

Andrea kradsmit at gmail.com
Sun May 5 08:56:16 MDT 2013

Hello Daniel thanks for your input.

your point is true when talking about modern chips.
Modern technology chips though are overpowered for our needs.
(They are essential if you want to run an ever changing MS windows
that is designed to use all resources that our technology can reach)

another consideration is that Chips are not essential in building open
hardware machines. they are when automizing production or increase
productivity.

Beside it, it exist projects for open hardware chips for example on
opencores.org and most of this chips are powerful enough to be used in
automation or design.

The concept behind Open hardware and open design is to use our
knowledge to design machines for using low-cost materials easily
available everywhere and with common standards, with a long-life
cycle, easy to be reused, more flexible in their functions (on the
opposite of designing products for the mere purpose of increase the
capital of the corporations).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_hardware