[Marxism] ZNET

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 7 00:18:41 MDT 2013

Ordinarily, I only go there to see new articles on the home page but
this evening I tried to use their search engine to find articles on
"Chechnya", an utterly futile undertaking. It now strikes me that
Michael Albert has tried to create an alternate universe, Purple Krypton
version of the Internet that serves one purpose and one purpose only--to
build his own little kingdom based on the dreaded PARECON. He has his
own version of social networking, Google, etc. and none of it is very
good. It is obvious that he expects some kind of revenue stream from
setting up this parallel universe but how would any scruffy young
radical want to hook up with a radical version of the Wizard of Oz
behind the curtain?