[Marxism] Niall Ferguson’s Latest Gay Bashing is the Least of His Problems | New Economic Perspectives

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:40:25 MDT 2013

This man is a thorugh piece of shit.  A couple of things interest me though
in this story.  Firstly he made the anti-gay remarks in front of an
audience that he was certain would sympathize.  However not for the first
time did a petty bourgeois misread the likely reaction of the upper
classes, and silence greeted his attempts at "humour"..  The bourgeoisie
have no essential interest in homophobia.  That is the terrain of those
mired in resentment.  Ferguson forgot that he was speaking to those who
like to think of themselves as the  "beautiful people" and he served them
up this shit. No wonder they were annoyed.

Secondly Ferguson's target is Krugman and neo-Keynesianism.  That in itself
tells us a lot abouit the epoch we are trekking through.  You can tell that
the world would be a much better place if the principal enemy of the right
wing intelligentsia was not Keynes but Marx.

comradely

Gary