[Marxism] Assad's backers on the left are ignoring reality

Lester Schonbrun schonbrun at gmail.com
Wed May 8 23:01:42 MDT 2013

Two Thoughts on Syria.

1. The media coverage of Syria is strikingly similar to coverage of Iraq
before our “leaders” invaded that country, similar to Chile before the CIA
sponsored the coup and murder of Allende, similar to Panama before we
bombed them, ditto Libya, and I could name many more.  In those cases,
there was an intense zeroing in on “human rights” violations.  That focus
was a precursor to US aggression.  How is this different?

2. Why do we save characterizations like “bloodthirsty” for leaders of
other countries, when our leaders have shed more blood than all others
combined?