[Marxism] THE MYTH OF THE ‘NATIONAL BOURGEOISIE’

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 04:11:35 MDT 2013

Louis wrote:

> What's interesting to me is that Nestor and I used to argue about the
> Brenner thesis on Marxmail years ago, with him viewing Brenner as the
> genuinely revolutionary alternative to Andre Gunder Frank

Andre Gunder Frank argues that there is no such thing as capitalism, and that attempts to theorize the capitalist mode of production are therefore meaningless.  That's not a caricature of his position, BTW.  That's exactly what he says in ReOrient.

Given that Marx devoted his entire life to theorizing the capitalist mode of production, Frank basically leaves the terrain of Marxian inquiry.