[Marxism] SWP madness

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Sat May 11 00:48:20 MDT 2013

Some academics miss the simple things at times:

The bourgeoisie encouraged working people to own a house -
besides making money on this - because a main benefit - is
home "ownership" or the hope to have,  conservatized people
who then feel they are part of the system and have things
like their house to lose.  They tend to support the police and
our brave fighting forces in other lands - to acquire those
minerals and markets - that then helps the loyal homeowner
with products and security - for the "American Way Of Life"
and I assume this is the same in every nation.

I prefer the cartoon of a man in a hammock which is tied to
a tree and the other end is being held up by a poor servant.
The caption reads, by the man in the hammock: "You know
what those communists want to do? - They want to take our
tree!!"

Sure those privileged workers can worry about their houses
(mortgaged or not), condos and trees - and take the comfort
of that shelter, as many others have far less to lose.  But
that part of the population who has no house is growing and
why some liberals colluding with politicians and banks want
more poor people to "invest in the system" and to also
become cushy - until the banks eventually foreclose and
take back the house (steal it legally!) when the property
taxes go up and the poor can not pay!!!

In my opinion, too many lefties are too comfortable in their nice
houses - and why there is so little real struggle and organizing
in poor working class communities.