[Marxism] What is the Purpose of Marx's Value Theory?

Charlie charles1848 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 12 14:53:11 MDT 2013

The fetishism of commodities helps us understand the economic
determination of many social horrors. It is hardly the sole purpose of
value theory.

For people who want to make the world a better place, one purpose of
value theory is scientific. We want to understand the motion and
development of capitalist economy; understand what is happening now that
did not happen before, and why; and understand what our program must be
if indeed we are to make the world a better place. Not our emotional
wish; our program.

As the discussion on crises a few week ago showed, Heinrich and his
current cheerleader here are simply not interested in science.

No rich, no poor.