[Marxism] 'What to do with the Labor Theory of Value'

james pitman marinercarpentry at gmail.com
Sun May 12 15:49:54 MDT 2013

"So what, 'your' interpretation basically thinks Marx wasn't really
doing political economy, but was engaging in it only to critique it?
What, was Marx doing political economy ironically?"
 - Well not irony, but immanent critique. I think you'll find this has
quite a lot of agreement these days, from TSSI advocates to supporters
of the TLV or monetary theory of vale.

"....you also have no idea that the TSSI is also single system,
meaning that prices and values can be expressed in either labor-time
or currency units, and that the transformation problem is also thusly
resolved."
 - As these arguments have been quite well rehearsed on here sine
Heinrich's book was first published, I'm pretty certain most of us
understand the limitations of the neo-Ricardian dual system approach
and also the correction advocated by the TSSI'ers. The point is that
Heinrich is saying there isn't a problem to begin with.

"from what I had read it seems vague and indulgent. Thank you for
reinforcing my prejudice"
 - well now it's you doing the trolling. Heinrich's involved in the
MEGA project, a couple of hundered scholars literally pouring over
every philological detail of Marx - Engels' works; hardly vague.
Indulgent? Well that's just a dumb comment, it's a scholarly work, how
can it be indulgent in any sense that is different from any other such
work?