[Marxism] Cuba government holds anti-homophobia parade

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Mon May 13 10:45:26 MDT 2013

René González attends Gala Against Homophobia

Posted By _Circles Robinson_ On May 13, 2013 @ 10:06 am In _Updates_ |
_No Comments
<http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=93036&print=1#comments_controls>_

Rene Gonzalez (l) and Mariela Castro at the gala against homophobia.
Photo: granma.cubaweb.cu

HAVANA TIMES --- Agent Rene Gonzalez, considered a Hero of the Republic
of Cuba, attended the Gala Against Homophobia held Saturday at Havana's
Karl Marx theater.

Gonzalez, the only released member of the Cuban Five, received on behalf
of the group a special recognition given by Mariela Castro Espín,
director of the National Sexual Education Center (CENESEX).

"We're here fighting a battle against behaviors that have made many
people suffer. Suffering for not having freedom unites us. We must
eliminate all forms of discrimination and lack of freedom," he told the
predominantly LGBT audience.

Since its inception the Campaign Against Homophobia has expressed its
support for the release and return of the five Cuban agents; four of
them still remain in US prisons.

Article printed from Cuba's Havana Times.org: *http://www.havanatimes.org*

URL to article: *http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=93036*

--