[Marxism] Assad's backers on the left are ignoring reality

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Tue May 14 05:40:16 MDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 20:47, Gulf Mann wrote:

> In a conflict between Ruling Class dictators and religious
> fundamentalists,
> both of which have the blood of progressives/Leftists on their hands

Could somebody please tell me which conflict this guy is referring to?? It
certainly couldn't have to do with the Syria that is on my map. Louis and
others have repeatedly posted useful information about Syria painting
quite a different picture (and which hasn't been challenged using credible
sources!) which appears to be willingly ignored by certain individuals. It
would be pointless for me to further lecture to the deaf and repeat what
has been presented either using the same or additional sources.

The only good to have come out of these exchanges, is that I now can begin
to understand how millions of well-meaning communists in the 1930's could
have "known" without question that Trotsky was an agent of fascism, and
acted accordingly. The amazing ability of humans to ignore the reality in
front of them and believe what they are told by one or another authority
has become clear to me, revealing a rather ugly picture of the human
psyche, I'm afraid to say.

- Jeff

, my