[Marxism] On Marx and 'Marxism'

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Tue May 14 07:04:33 MDT 2013

On May 14, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> Some observations sparked by a comment Jim Holstun made on Louis's
> blog, that I think are worth repeating here:
> Jim Holstun wrote:
> “there is more than one Marx–his work isn’t completely coherent.”
> To which I respond:
> Bingo

To which I reply: there is *no* "Marx." There is "*Marx and Engels*"
Academics squirreling through a pile of unpublished notes in the "Marx/
Engels" archive are just the ones to decree that Engels's view of the
unity of thought of  "*Marx and Engels*" is fantastical and unworthy
of consideration !!!

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities
that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying
attention to"