[Marxism] Assad's backers on the left are ignoring reality

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 14 14:09:18 MDT 2013

On 5/14/13 4:01 PM, Lester Schonbrun wrote:
> "Cuba exercises realpolitik, something that is understandable for a small,
> impoverished, and isolated postcapitalist society."
>
> One could say that "realpolitik" would be to cave in to Great Satan,
> because he can and will hurt you.  Cuba has not backed down for 53 years,
> and has the scars to show for it.  How many countries, how many
> individuals, can say that?  At the very least, their position and their
> views deserve respect and consideration.

Another reminder, Lester, you need to clip extraneous text. Here is the
method to do this. Using your mouse (an object about the size of a
potato), highlight the extraneous text. Then depress the key marked
"delete" on your keyboard, which should be to your extreme right. I hope
that this positioning does not preclude the use of the delete key.

I am definitely pro-Cuba.

But I am definitely not pro-leftists who set themselves up as unpaid
ministers of propaganda for Cuba. I don't want you to feel threatened or
anything but their record on Marxmail has been rather poor. They tend to
assume the position of someone speaking at Hyde Park when a more
intimate and face-to-face type encounter is preferred.