[Marxism] The Revolting Syrian-يلا إرحل يا بشار, Does This Not Outrage You?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 15 11:52:20 MDT 2013

On 5/15/13 1:35 PM, Lester Schonbrun wrote:
> Can they also tell me why they believe the authorities in Saudi Arabia and
> Qatar, as well as John McCain (to name a few entities not necessarily
> renowned for their humanistic Marxist outlook), are rooting for the rebels?

Lester, you really need to read a newspaper. The Sunni states are
fighting a proxy war against Iran. That is why they back the al-Nusra
Front rather than the FSA. Considering what the leader of the Syrian
National Coalition says about Iran, I am not surprised:

We should identify our own shortcomings and weaknesses that allowed
Western powers to inject sectarian hatred in our societies in order to
know why the talk about taking military action against Iran has become
very normal.

The bitterness in the hearts of Sunnis caused by the alleged
Iranian-sponsored Shiite invasion of the Arab World is not a sufficient
reason to be silent in the face of a possible military strike on Iran.
If we suppose that we have 50% doctrinal differences and 20% juristical
differences with Iran, we all know that we have 90% doctrinal
differences with the wicked West.

Iran’s possession of nuclear capabilities poses no threat to any Sunni
but it will be a formidable deterrent to the evil powers that are
rushing madly upon the Muslim World.

The aggression against Iran is an upsurge of Western domination to snap
at the riches of this region and deepen the cultural and social invasion
of our Muslim World. In all honesty, it is genuinely logical and Islamic
to refuse any action against Iran and to consider such action an
aggression against the whole Muslim World.

Our refusal to take military action against Iran is a rejection of
aggression itself as a mean to implement hidden agendas.