[Marxism] LRB review of Sperber bio of Karl Marx

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at freenet.de
Fri May 17 08:32:09 MDT 2013

On 17.05.2013 16:18, james pitman wrote:

> Marx's encouragement isn't synonymous with intellectual agreement is
> it Einde? And Engels omitted Marx's contribution from the 1st edition.

My main point was that the reviewer's chronology was incorrect.

At the time Engels wrote Anti-Dühring he and Marx were living relatively
near each other and were in almost daily contact. While I wouldn't
expect Marx to agree with every jot and tittle of what Engels wrote I
feel we would have some record somewhere if Marx had any fundamental
disagreements with Engels. To my knowledge no such disagreement has ever
been documented.

Einde O'Callaghan