[Marxism] Revenge of Global Finance - In These Times

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun May 19 09:21:35 MDT 2013

Zizek is amazing. He writes an article with "global finance" in the
title but there is not a single reference to economic data. Instead it
includes such pearls of wisdom:

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace gave us a crucial hint as to where to
orient ourselves in this melee, specifically, the “Christological”
features of the young Anakin (his immaculate conception, his victorious
“pod-car” race, with its echoes of the famous chariot race in Ben-Hur,
this “tale of Christ”). Since Star Wars’ ideological framework is the
New Age pagan universe, it is quite appropriate that its central figure
of Evil should echo Christ.

Honestly, I don't get it it. The Elvis super-star of Marxism?

http://inthesetimes.com/article/2122/revenge_of_global_finance/