[Marxism] Iran Hangs on in Quiet Desperation » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed May 22 14:57:43 MDT 2013

Carl Easterbrook recommended Pepe Escobar's musings on Syria the other
day. I simply can't understand how anybody can take Escobar seriously.
I'd prefer Pablo Escobar frankly. Here is doing a thumb-sucking piece on
the Iranian elections talking as if it were a horse-race in cable TV
fashion. The only thing that really matters is the right of the Iranian
people to vote for candidates who they choose and not those hand-picked
for them by a Supreme Council.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/05/22/iran-hangs-on-in-quiet-desperation/