[Marxism] bluff, bluster, and bullshit at CounterPunch

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat May 25 06:49:13 MDT 2013

On 5/25/13 8:40 AM, Andrew Pollack wrote:

> wtf?!?!!! there is NO evidence of Sharon writing this as part of a maneuver
> to dump Counterpunch.

Look, I am on the editorial board of Counterpunch Magazine and know
Joshua Frank and Jeff St. Clair quite well. I don't know what they have
planned for the ISO'ers down the road, but I would be very surprised to
see CP have the same kind of relationship with these people that has
existed in the past. Especially in light of this letter from Jeff to them:

Later that evening, I received this missive from Counterpunch editor
Jeffrey St. Clair:

     From: Jeffrey St Clair
     Date: Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

     Sharon

     Honestly, this is one of the most reactionary things I've ever
read. Read it over again. If we printed this, next thing you know you'll
be being interviewed on the 700 Club by Pat Robertson. Really. What
would Simone De Beauvoir think of this? Such piety over words.

     JSC

In terms of the controversy, I don't have any objections to a female
journalist using words like "tits". But then again, I could give less of
a shit about getting brownie points from the ISO.