[Marxism] Sweden riots expose ugly side of 'Nordic model'

Daniel Lindvall daniel.lindvall at filmint.nu
Mon May 27 08:21:44 MDT 2013

Here are a few sources in English. I'll see if I can find more and better later.

"Sweden still belongs to the group of nine most equal OECD countries, despite a rapid surge of income inequality since the early 1990s. The growth in inequality between 1985 and the late 2000s was the largest among all OECD countries, increasing by one third.": http://www.oecd.org/sweden/49564868.pdf

"In 2005, Sweden had the second most generous unemployment insurance scheme in the world, but according to a new report the income replacement benefits for out of work Swedes ranks below the OECD average.
And for the first time since 1952, the duration of Sweden's sickness insurance benefits, 52 weeks, is below the OECD average. … When unemployment, sickness and work-related injury benefits are added up, the maximum level of compensation in 2010 was only half the relative level available in 1975." : http://www.thelocal.se/40946/20120521/

"The numbers of Swedes out of work who receive no social welfare benefits has increased by 40 percent in the last year, reports Swedish Radio." : http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5418792

Website: http://filmint.nu/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FilmInt
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FilmInt