[Marxism] Sweden riots expose ugly side of 'Nordic model'

Daniel Lindvall daniel.lindvall at filmint.nu
Mon May 27 09:11:11 MDT 2013

More on Swedish neoliberalism:

"Around 77,000 young people have fallen outside the system, being neither in work or education, show new figures from the Employment Service. This is the first time this group of 16-29 year olds has been looked at in Sweden. In some countries it is known as NEET (not in education employment or training)." : http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5528278

"“Since 1995, the number of students who haven’t achieved the most elementary levels of knowledge and tripled while at the same time the number of students who perform at the most advanced levels have dropped by a similar amount,” said Sweden’s education agency." : http://www.thelocal.se/16238/20081210/

"Sweden has had a quicker liberalisation than any other advanced economy in the world, in terms of privatisation and deregulation, according to conservative American think tank The Heritage Foundation. … The Swedish school system is also one of the world's most liberal. Only Chile's school system is at a similar level. What's completely unique is that the Swedish government doesn't care who owns the school." : http://www.thelocal.se/39864/20120324/

Website: http://filmint.nu/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FilmInt
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FilmInt