[Marxism] France: Raúl Godoy with the workers in struggle at PSA (Peugeot) Aulnay

Juan Andres Gallardo juanagallardo at gmail.com
Mon May 27 19:57:55 MDT 2013

France: Raúl Godoy with the workers in struggle at PSA (Peugeot) Aulnay
Posted on mayo 16,
2013<http://raulgodoyzanoneuropa.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/france-raul-godoy-with-the-workers-in-struggle-at-psa-peugeot-aulnay/>

[image: DSC_0263]<http://raulgodoyzanoneuropa.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0263.jpg>

Zanon leader on European tour

Raúl Godoy, one of the leaders of the Zanon ceramic factory under workers’
control in Argentina, is currently visiting several European countries.
Godoy, who is also an elected member of the provincial parliament in
Neuquén for the Workers’ Left Front and a former general secretary of the
provincial Ceramic Workers’ Union, is speaking at a series of workers’
meetings.

In France, he brought greetings from the Zanon workers to an assembly of
Peugeot workers who are waging a bitter strike against layoffs. In the
Spanish State, he spoke to more than 200 workers from the Barcelona CGT
trade union confederation. Details of his tour, including photos and
videos, can be found at:

http://raulgodoyzanoneuropa.wordpress.com/

*On May 13th, Godoy visited the PSA factory at Aulnay-Sous-Bois, where 200
workers are about to start their fifth month on strike. ** *It was a
rousing internationalist meeting which was able to establish a profound
dialogue between Zanon and those at PSA who ‘fight like lions’.**

[image: DSC_0237]<http://raulgodoyzanoneuropa.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0237.jpg>

*Godoy’s greetings to the workers’ assembly*

Good morning, brothers and sisters. I bring greetings from Argentina to
your heroic struggle. The Zanon workers, who have been occupying their
factory for more than ten years and have put it to work, welcome your fight.

The same situation, the same crisis is being discussed all over the world –
wherever capitalists say they have a crisis. But they always want workers
to pay for the crisis. What kind of crisis is Peugeot suffering from? They
are rolling in money thanks to your hard work. Their accomplices are the
judiciary and governments that protect exploitation. But you are not alone
either. Solidarity comes from many parts of the world.

We have the greatest respect for the struggle you are carrying out and for
the assembly as a way of reaching decisions. We know that comrades from
many places have visited you to express their solidarity. We won’t limit
our solidarity to words, but will commit ourselves to putting our support
into practice in Argentina or wherever we are. We will demand that
governments take on the responsibility of providing jobs for all. When a
bank or a financial institution is in crisis there are millions of Euros
available to save them. Stop subsidising capitalists! Support the strikers
and the strike fund to win this fight!

I have been a ceramic worker for 20 years. In Zanon we went through the
same situation that you have here today, but we got a lot of support from
other workers, and instead of us being thrown out by the boss, the boss was
thrown out by us. It’s been ten years since we took over the factory.

This is not an easy fight. We must demand that the trade union leaders
support the strike effectively, because this is a test case. When the Zanon
boss said that he had to close because of the crisis, we asked him to show
us how much he had earned by exploiting us. Following that, support for our
struggle grew, and when they wanted to evict us from the factory a lot of
people gathered around the plant in solidarity and there was a strike
throughout the province. That’s what helped us to win.

I take the responsibility of spreading news of your struggle in Argentina
and elsewhere in order to gain international support. But however this
fight ends, I am sure we will meet again because this is just a battle in
the war to make the capitalists pay for the crisis.

[image: DSC_0249]<http://raulgodoyzanoneuropa.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/dsc_0249.jpg>
Translated by Nicolas Bona