[Marxism] FIFTY YEARS: REMEMBERING MEDGAR EVERS

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at hunterbear.org
Tue May 28 10:15:17 MDT 2013

NOTE BY HUNTER BEAR  (MAY 28 2013)

My extensive retrospective piece, FIFTY YEARS:  REMEMBERING MEDGAR EVERS, is now on the Against the Current website:  http://www.solidarity-us.org/site/node/3876  (Looks very good!)

Against the Current is a very well established Left social justice journal, commendably independent in spirit and action, with a significant circulation.  This is one of a number of civil rights and civil liberties pieces of mine that it has published over the last generation. For a quite full, first hand, and very detailed discussion of the rise and development of the massive Jackson Movement of 1962-63, including its external life and its internal dynamics, see the expanded and updated edition of my book, Jackson Mississippi: An American Chronicle of Struggle and Schism, 272 pp., recently issued by the University of Nebraska Press.   http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htmhttp://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm

For a sampling of the Jackson Movement saga, a few pages -- including some Movement documents:
 http://hunterbear.org/a_piece_of__the_scrapbook.htm

Feel very free to forward this to anyone you wish.  In fact, I'd much appreciate your doing so.

Nialetch -- from the mountains of Eastern Idaho,

Hunter Gray (Hunter Bear)

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR/JOHN R SALTER JR] Mi'kmaq /
St. Francis Abenaki / St. Regis Mohawk
Protected by Na´shdo´i´ba´i´
and Ohkwari'
Member, National Writers Union AFL-CIO
www.hunterbear.org
(much social justice material)

See Hunter Bear's very extensive Movement Life Interview, done
by Bruce Hartford of Civil Rights Movement Veterans:
http://hunterbear.org/HUNTER%20BEAR%20INTERVIEW%20CRMV.htm

See the Stormy Adoption of an Indian Child [My Father]:
http://hunterbear.org/James%20and%20Salter%20and%20Dad.htm
(Many photos.)

For the new and expanded/updated "Organizer's Book,"
JACKSON MISSISSIPPI -- with a new and substantial
introduction by me. This is the 50th Anniversary
 of the massive Jackson Movement of 1962-63.
http://hunterbear.org/jackson.htm   And see the related
http://crmvet.org/comm/hunter1.htm

See my Community Organizing "Mini-Course" -- with
much down to earth how-to material and updated:
http://hunterbear.org/my_combined_community_organizing.htm