[Marxism] Another review of Heinrich

james pitman marinercarpentry at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:41:11 MDT 2013

Louis put: "I remain skeptical about any connection between having a
"correct" line on the FROP or LTV and knowing what to do politically."

I agree actually, I do think Heinrich's correct and I think many of
the communisation theorists have the correct reading of Marx, as
opposed to a lot of distortions that came primarily from Engels (I
know many on here disagree, I'm not trying to rehash that debate).
BUT, I think Louis is right - the communisation theorists particularly
are ending up reproducing the sort of theoretical purity they so
disparage the Leninists for.

In the mean time, food banks keep sprouting up whilst the rich get richer.

I don't think this should lead to being anti-theoretical though - it's
important that it was a distorted reading of Capital was used to
legitimise the affirmation, rather than abolition of labour in many of
the Soviet states.

Jamie

Ps - On the review, I know Mattihjs, and discussed the review on
facebook with him, and I kinda got him to admit the parts about the
transformation problem and realisation are simply wrong.