[Marxism] David Bromwich’s miscues on Syria

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 28 16:42:18 MDT 2013

David Bromwich, a Yale literature professor, is one of my favorite
political commentators, with an especially keen eye on Barack Obama’s
cynically plutocratic policies.

That being said, I do have a bit of a bone to pick with him over an
article of his on the New York Review website titled Stay out of Syria.
Since the magazine has been a champion of “humanitarian interventions”
in the past (Michael Ignatieff pushed for making war on Iraq early on
there, and before that the magazine was Serbophobia, Inc.), it is of
some note that they are publishing such an article. It goes hand in
hand, I supposed, with Dissent Magazine’s laptop bombardier Michael
Walzer urging the president to continue with a “dithering” approach.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/david-bromwichs-miscues-on-syria/