[Marxism] When Hồ Chí Minh Collaborated with U.S. Imperialism (by Clay Claiborne) - Open Threads

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:00:46 MDT 2013

Clayborne wrote: "Most importantly, I would like to take this opportunity
to remind everyone that a revolutionary who is unwilling to make use of
contradictions among the imperialists and make such
*"deals<http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1920/lwc/ch08.htm>
"*  that will benefit the revolution is not a real revolutionary."
Who the fuck appointed you to decide who's a revolutionary, you Stalinist
creep?
When Prunier, the guy in the pic between Ho and Giap, died in April I wrote
something to the list acknowledging the difficulty of this issue, and how
hard it was to begrudge Giap weapons from anywhere, knowing what good use
he put them to militarily.
Militarily, not politically. Throughout the period Clayborne writes about,
the Trotskyists were building a working class base on a working class
program that could have meant victory for the revolution. Instead that
reformist Ho murdered them, made deals with all the imperialist powers,
meaning delay of independence for years, and set in motion a bureaucratic
leadership which has given the country back to imperialism.

Of course Clayborne can't be bothered to mention any of that.