[Marxism] precursors to occupygezi

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 06:23:39 MDT 2013

The media is full of reports about the spread of Occupy to Turkey, and the
bravery of those facing brutal repression.

When I asked a Turkish-American friend -- an undergrad -- who's there right
now what she's seeing, she mentioned that Turkey has a long history of
revolt.

Which Louis and others on this list know full well. Even I, who don't
follow the country as closely as I'd like, have seen many stories of labor
militancy in recent years.

I think it would be good to be able to point folks to articles on this
history.

Typing "Turkey" in the internationalviewpoint.org site brings up dozens of
articles. I'm sure NLR has had some too.

Andy