[Marxism] The Merchants of Shame » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri May 31 07:03:27 MDT 2013

“But why can’t Ruth use the word ‘tit’? She’s a big time writer. Sold
more books than any of those ISOers. Maybe all of them combined.”

“Fowler can use the word, but we can’t print it. Because we’re, well, men.”

“So, we’re supposed to correct Ruth Fowler’s word choice for her?”

“Yep.”

“The two of us, both male editors, are supposed to commit an editorial
intervention on her prose? She’s from Wales, right?”

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/05/31/the-shame-merchants/