[Marxism] Obama’s Mew Middle East Strategy » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 4 07:09:32 MST 2013

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/11/04/obamas-mew-middle-east-strategy/

This is the first article I have seen from the Baathist left that at
least acknowledges that Obama has no plans to show up on an aircraft
carrier with his testicles protruding from a flight uniform. The
problem, of course, is that this is not a "new" strategy. Obama never
had any intentions to launch a Bush-style invasion of Syria.

Hopefully I will be able to flesh out my thoughts on this sometime this
week.

The one thing I can say on behalf of Shamus Cooke, a member of a tiny
sect that split from Peter Taaffe's American branch office, is that at
least he addresses the failure of such an invasion to have been mounted
which is more than I can about Patrick Cockburn, Robert Fisk, Pepe
Escobar, Phyllis Bennis, John Rees, et al.