[Marxism] History of the Left in the U.S.

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:38:15 MST 2013

To add to Louis' excellent recommendations I'd add:
1. We Shall Be All: A History of the Industrial Workers of the World by
Melvyn Dubosky
Best history IMO of the Wobbiles.

2. James P. Cannon and the Origins of the American Revolutionary Left,
1890-1928
Not so much because of Cannon, but Cannon's travel through the SP/IWW and
CP open up the organizations internal histories like no other history I
know of. There is nothing like the personal experience of someone key to
all these organizations to see the history of them. Amazing.

David Walters
Holt Labor Library