[Marxism] 'A Prairie Home Companion' is wretched and unlistenable - SBNation.com

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Mon Nov 4 15:34:04 MST 2013

Keillor has his moments, but I grew up in a small town, and it was nothing like Lake Wobegon. Probably more akin to some of the mining towns in the Iron Range of Minnesota, rather than the Mayberry Keillor seems to be describing. Nothing I have ever heard on this show reminded me of the towns in which I grew up. And nothing at all like the town Sherwood Anderson wrote about in his masterpiece, Winesburg, Ohio. All that "Minnesota nice" humor in the show leaves me cold. However, as Tom pointed out, tastes differ, and that is a good thing. Since my contrarian comrade, Michael Smith, likes the show, I may have to rethink my position. Maybe in twenty years!!!