[Marxism] 'A Prairie Home Companion' is wretched and unlistenable - SBNation.com

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Mon Nov 4 18:53:18 MST 2013

Michael Smith suggests that all comedy is conservative. I guess then that comedy and a book or show or play or whatever that makes you laugh are two different things. I have never laughed at anything Keillor said, though maybe this is because I find his voice so irritating. On the other hand, Charles Bukowski's Post Office and John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. But then again, I loved the Three Stooges. And my mother and I laughed til we cried when we read Groucho Marx's autobiography. If I gave you a list of all the trashy shows, comedies or otherwise, that I have enjoyed, you'd wonder why I didn't swoon over PHC.