[Marxism] "American Death Spiral in the Middle East"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 6 14:25:48 MST 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Louis Proyect wrote:
> On 11/6/13 1:55 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
>> Zionists).  "And now he isn't, Why?"  Because, when he was on the
>> verge
>> of a Libyan-style aerial aggression in support of an all-out FSA/
>> Jihadi
>> military offensive (unanimous world public opinion counting for
>> nothing)
>> he was smacked down by the people in first the UK and then the USA.
>
> I must remind Shane that the NYT reported:
>
> “Mr. Obama made it clear to his aides that he did not envision an
> American military intervention, even as public calls mounted that
> year for a no-fly zone to protect Syrian civilians from bombings.”

Anyone who actually read it would know that, according to this (of
course anonymously sourced) article, "that year" was 2011 when
"everyone" expected Assad to fall quickly! If Obama wasn't
"envisioning...military intervention" two months ago he certainly
ought not to have told Hollande to get his attack aircraft fueled and
ready to take off!

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64