[Marxism] Cave of Forgotten Dreams

shaun may mnwps at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 7 09:21:32 MST 2013

Last night I sat and watched the film 'Cave of Forgotten Dreams' on the TV (Film 4 channel) by the German film director Werner Herzog.

It was the first time I had seen this film. How wonderful, mesmerising and very deeply, profoundly moving it was. He deserved all the awards and praise he received for the film and more.

Set in the Ardeche region of France, the film focusses on the cave paintings and remains of human Palaeolithic life in the Chauvet cave.

Today, whilst shopping in the local supermarket, I thought to myself...

"What kind of society, of human being, have we created today in the age of capital's break down?"

"We must go forward, regardless of the cost, and put an end to all this nonsense and brutality".

I sat and thought about the concept of "progress" and wondered if we are in fact "lower" than

Palaeolithic man in many respects.

Comradely regards

Shaun May

Hull