[Marxism] Bullying in the National Football League | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Nov 14 18:16:18 MST 2013

As a sports fan since a young age, I enjoy listening to sports talk
radio shows on WFAN and ESPN. Since October 30th the phone lines have
been burning up over the Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito controversy.
These are two offensive linemen (in Incognito’s case, a double entendre)
from the Miami Dolphins National Football League team who are
antagonists in “hazing” incidents that left Martin on leave for what
amounted to a mental breakdown and Incognito suspended for role as chief
hazer. Commentators have also referred to the actions as “bullying”,
something that appeared confusing at first since Martin is 6’5” tall and
312 pounds. I was bullied in high school but I was shorter and weaker
than the boys who bullied me. How does someone who makes a living
colliding with other huge men become a victim of “bullying”?

full:
http://louisproyect.org/2013/11/15/bullying-in-the-national-football-league/