[Marxism] Critique of Zizek on Syria

Gregory Adler gregadler502 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:20:53 MST 2013

I really appreciate the stuff  of his own and others  that  Michael has
been bringing to
our attention on Syria. This piece by Leil-Zahra is a brilliant refutation
of and putdown
of Zizek's inane posturing on the Syrian revolution.

The only reservation I have is that it is surely time to recognise that for
Marxists or anyone
with the least seriousness in their approach to the issues raised in the
Syrian revolution to
recognise that Zizek's opinion on this ,and frankly most other things ,is
clownish and
irrelevant.

But a grateful thanks to Leil-Zahra for this elegant and powerful nail in
the coffin of the buffoon's
relevance and thanks to Michael for bringing it to our attention
Greg Adler